Monday, September 23, 2013 - Sunday, October 20, 2013
The New York State Association of Professional Land Surveyors (NYSAPLS) is pleased to present twelve 90-minute webinars. Sign up to join us for one, some or all. Pricing is affordable and cost per session decreases as you increase the number of sessions you plan to attend!
Each webinar session will be taught by Dr. Joseph Paiva. Joe is well-known in New York, he has been a frequent speaker at NYSAPLS’ Annual Conferences and workshops and is the developer and presenter of the successful review course for the New York-specific portion of the examination. Joe is known nationally as a speaker, presenter of seminars and workshops and consultant to practitioners of surveying as well as manufacturers of hardware and software used by surveyors.
No. Date Time (EDT) Content/Title
1. 9/23 7:00 pm Preparing for taking the exam; calculator use
2. 9/24 7:00 pm Potpourri of material - NCEES specs for the FS/PS Exams
3. 9/25 7:00 pm Basic surveying math I: trigonometry, algebra, geometry
4. 9/26 7:00 pm Basic surveying math II: Traverse, adjustment concepts
5. 9/27 7:00 pm Advanced surveying math: Intersection calculations
6. 9/28 10:00 am Traverse and route calculations (curves) I
7. 9/28 12:30 pm Traverse and route calculations (curves) II
8. 9/30 7:00 pm Errors in surveying measurements
9. 10/1 7:00 pm Errors and data analysis
10. 10/19 10:00 am Fundamentals of instruments, procedures, nomenclature
11. 10/19 12:30 pm Legal aspects, descriptions, glossary I
12. 10/20 12:00 pm Legal aspects, descriptions, glossary II
Note that the topics covered in this webinar series by no means includes every area that is included in the exam specifications. One of the purposes of sessions 1 and 2 is to familiarize you with other areas not covered in this series, where you might wish to do your own independent study.
2-4 Sessions Total
5-8 Sessions Total
9-12 Sessions Total